Coworking Labs RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact daily life, our full focus remains on helping our customers to run their businesses. We do so with our customers’ and our employees’ health and wellbeing as our highest priority.
Health and Safety Protocol
Entering the Community
Daily temperature/symptom screening for members and guests:
- People waiting for screening will be spaced six-feet apart (floor markers will be in place to keep people at a safe distance).
- If a member or guest does not have a mask, our staff will provide one and they will be asked to put on a mask immediately. Each person is required to wear a mask (working in a single-person office with the door closed is the only exception).
- Coworking Labs employees will ask guests/members about symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache, stuffy nose). Have they been around anyone that has been exposed in the last 14 days? If the answer to the question is yes, they are not allowed to enter the space until 14 days since their exposure.
- Hand sanitizer should be used during every screening (sanitizer will be available at the screening station).
- Coworking Labs employees will attempt to check the temperature of all people entering the space with a no-touch thermometer. Temperature must be 99.9 degrees or lower to enter. Individuals with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher are not permitted in the space and must stay at home for at least 72 hours before returning.
- Masks should be worn everywhere and at all times in the space except when someone is in a single person office with the door shut. Individuals must have a mask available inside their office in case anyone knocks and comes in. Each person must wear a mask in all community areas like hallways, lounge, reception, mail retrieval area, or any space that is not a single person office with the door shut. Masks must cover the nose and mouth at all times.
Our team will have colored stickers representing each day of the week to track who has already been screened. For example, if a member or guest comes into the space and leaves later for lunch and returns, they have proof of already being screened that day and don’t need to be screened again.
Workspaces, Meeting Rooms, Lounge, Kitchen, Washrooms Area:
Cleaning & Sanitizing:
- Common areas, high-traffic areas, door handles, and light switches will be cleaned with sanitizer on a regular basis (every two hours or more if it is a high-touch area).
- Meeting room tables and chairs, credenzas, and remote controls will be cleaned after every meeting with sanitizer.
- Coworking stations and chairs will be cleaned after a member leaves the space.
- Members are asked to wipe down any common surface area they have touched such as the copy machine, coworking station, or lounge/kitchen countertops. Cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Copy and mailrooms will be cleaned throughout the day and after mail is sorted.
- People will be instructed to follow the arrows posted on the walls in a one-way direction to circulate the space. This will lead to exiting into common areas of the building at times in order to return to the lobby.
- Maintain social distancing of six-feet at all times and respect others.
Workstations (Coworking & De-densification)
- Each seat needs to be at least six-feet apart and meeting rooms should have more space between the participants. Open coworking areas need to be properly spaced by Cowokring Labs staff. Seats may be marked ‘reserved’ to create proper and safe spacing.
- If food is brought into the office it should be in single-serving packaging and not available for people to serve themselves out of a large dish, bag, or larger container (i.e. a bag of bagels for everyone to share is not permitted at this time). In short – please do not share food.
- We will expand our offerings of single-use cutlery and other food supplies like coffee.
- Coworking Labs staff will make the coffee. Members and guests should not make coffee at this time to keep exposure as low as possible.
Hygiene guidelines for all
- We have installed hands-free sanitizers for everyone’s convenience.
- Please bring your own mask and sanitizers for your personal/daily use. Masks will be provided for those who don’t have one, but we ask members, guests, and staff who are in the space daily to provide their own masks and hand sanitizer as supplies can be difficult to obtain and quantity limits are still in place for many items.
Everyone should be washing their hands frequently. Use your arm or sleeve when coughing or sneezing, not your hands, and use hand sanitizer regularly. Dispose of any tissues immediately and wash your hands or use sanitizer any time you have used tissues. If you experience any symptoms seek medical attention immediately and please remove yourself from the space. If you feel sick or unwell – stay home
We are so grateful to our community managers and Coworking Labs staff who are on the front lines of ensuring the health and safety of members, guests, and all who enter our spaces.