The industry is growing every day as more people strive on their own to work on their own or open their own businesses.
Sharing a workspace, possibly with several strangers, seems a bit intimidating, doesn’t it? But when you enter the arena of coworking spaces, you realize that it is not as scary as it seems.
Brad Neuberg coined the term ‘joint work’ when the space-sharing movement began in San Francisco in 2005. His vision was to combine the independence of working with the structural community of office space and wanted the term to reflect a sense of work space . Therefore, the verbal twist “coworking” without script was invented.
Everything around us is changing and the place where we spend most of the day is no exception.
Multinational giants such as Google and Facebook were the first to realize the importance of open spaces and their correlation with productivity. Their unique state-based workstation areas were launched and eliminated by adopting open workspaces to encourage the flow of ideas and creativity.
The bet was worth it and it is now a well-known fact that these unique work environments are actually creating greater productivity.
Following the trend, coworking spaces are being reproduced in the same way for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and employees who work from home. For the uninitiated, coworking is an open, communicative and barrier-free office culture where you share the workspace with several people and, in fact, with several organizations.
This concept is more evolved in the West. India, however, is becoming familiar and is slowly moving towards these shared spaces.
Some of the initial coworking spaces were founded by drifting entrepreneurs, who were looking for an alternative to the bustling coffee shops (or distractions) or, sometimes, the isolation they face when working at home.
They were inspired by the search for a creative environment: the camaraderie and the eclectic but comfortable environments of these spaces.
Coworking spaces offer the following benefits:
- It is an extremely profitable and uncomplicated proposal for many companies and individuals, which saves them time, effort and money to find and establish traditional office spaces. You can select stellar locations that would otherwise be unattainable and have the additional advantage of not dealing with seemingly constant repairs, service fees, and office maintenance.
- The open, harmonious and internally connected work area encourages better interaction with like-minded and different people. Cafes and common areas in shared office spaces often become a breeding ground for networking, information, and knowledge sharing with coworkers. It is an opportunity to interact with people from different professional backgrounds, which would probably be a useful connection and this, in turn, can turn into generating sales opportunities and partnership opportunities.
- A non-hierarchical coworking space has a favorable influence on employee decision making, which is the strength of any business startup.
- Being surrounded by committed and enthusiastic workers is very motivating. Your coworkers give you new perspectives on projects that you may have never considered. These collaborations often lead to business expansions.
- Interactive dealings with others during the day are healthier for the mind and body and make you happier.
Between 2006 and 2015, some studies have shown that the number of coworking spaces and available seats has doubled approximately every year. There was an 83 percent increase in coworking spaces worldwide between 2012 and 2013. Interest in coworking spaces is probably due to multiple factors, such as the economic recession that separates companies and the need for independent work. flexible. But the revolution is largely based on a changing workforce that demands:
- Flexible spaces
A flexible work schedule offers people the perfect opportunity to create an optimal balance. With this, the need for fixed spaces has become obsolete. The shared spaces give you the option of choosing the type of office you want, at the time that is convenient for you.
- Value-Added Benefits
Most coworking spaces in Panchkula, Zirakpur & Chandigarh offer amenities such as a pantry, high-speed Internet, a lounge and community participation activities. The coworking Labs in Panchkula also organize timely events, such as teas and lunches, as an initiative to meet others and promote their businesses and services, providing an opportunity for community building, commercial expansion or networking.
Human nature is addicted to fun. Even at work. Today, the biggest challenge for organizations around the world is to really understand how to motivate people to enjoy their work.